Re: ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks

To: "Rob C Swift" <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Subject: Re: ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:47:51 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Rob
I was talking to a guy who worked for a prestige car company in the trans
design dept (also drove and raced Triumph) and he said that they have
removed the drain plugs from their torque converters because they couldn't
get the things to stop leaking, they would do the bungs up and have copper
washers etc but due to the centrifugal force the bungs would still leak, are
the two oils compatible, if they are I would just change it a couple of
times in close succession and rely on the dilution of the old with the new,
after a few regular changes the old will be so dilute it will be negligible.

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI