Re: suspicious dealings on ebay

Subject: Re: suspicious dealings on ebay
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:13:36 -0700

Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:

> And I don't understand why this lousy "Justice"
> Department thinks it has to investigate eBay for this.  It's not eBay
> that's responsible... it's the sellers and their friends.  How is
> eBay supposed to control it?

Actually, I don't believe that eBay is likely to be held liable (unless
it can be shown that they tolerated and/or assisted, which seems most
unlikely to me).  Most likely, the sellers and shill bidders will be the
ones prosecuted.

The investigation does seem a bit silly.  I'll bet somewhere in the
background there is a disgruntled bidder with friends in high places.
J. Edgar lives !

Randall