TR3 speedometer question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 speedometer question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 18:32:11 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Gang,
This should be the biggest problem with my TR3A, but I may as well ask
anyway.  My speedometer reads very high. It will be reading 80 mph (about
3500-4000 RPM) and everyone is passing me.  I'm actually doing about 70
according to my wife who was following me.

I have 165R15 tires, no overdrive, and I have no idea what the CPO (CHEAP
Previous Owner) did with the rear end but I am pretty sure he swapped
transmissions.

Is there anyway to calibrate the speedometer?  I don't see any choices for
different speedometer gears in Moss, are they available elsewhere?

TIA,
Bob