Re: Roll bar questions

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Roll bar questions
From: Mark Dickinson <amdickin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:10:19 -0600
Cc: MS6453@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net

Jeff:

How did you deal with the seam along the back shelf.  My roll bar, which my wife
wants installed for the same reasons, has an 'angle iron' mounting bracket (two
connected sides of a cube about 4x5 each).  The seam will prevent the bar from
sitting flush unless I just CRANK the bolts to the point of squishing the seam.
I am considering using a couple of bits of plare steel as shims (damn big
ones).  I'll let my wife know your opinion of them though.

Mark Dickinson
1980 Spitfire <- for sale
1966 911S 306903S
1967 911S 307778S