RE: Roll bar questions

To: <MS6453@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roll bar questions
From: "Tom Gentry" <tgentry@acrux.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:57:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
>1) Do they restrict seat movement

My seats have full front/rear movement, but the seat backs no longer recline
past a normal driving position.

2) Is there added wind noise

I don't think so, but it's been so long I can't remember ever NOT having a
roll-bar.

3) Am I going to have lumps on my head after a bumpy road

I've never hit my head on it, but it's also padded for safety reasons.  It
looks more "racey" that way too.

4) How much has to be altered to install

Just drill some holes, and cut the carpet.  Nothing hard.

5) Is there more than one design

Yes.  Mine is an old Holbrecht which I've modified with a diagonal brace and
harness bar.  Those mods greatly restrict luggage space behind the seats. I
don't think mine is available any more, but most of the "street" designs
I've seen look very similar.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
72 TR-6 OD