RE: Silicone caution(?) [Was: Softening old Rubber]

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Silicone caution(?) [Was: Softening old Rubber]
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:36:29 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Silicone can definitely be a problem when painting (can you say fish eyes
?), but Acryli-Clean takes it right off.

The same thing goes for many of the "miracle shine" products.

BTW, periodic coating of the rubber door and trunk gaskets with silicone
spray was factory recommended maintenance on my 1970 Audi.

Randall