Re: TR4A body removal

To: Mquinn698@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A body removal
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 06:13:03 PDT
>From: Mquinn698@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: TR4A body removal
>Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:45:24 EDT
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the body from a TR4A. I
>have all the fenders, doors trunk, hood, windshield, interior and gas tank
>off. The engine and trans are out. I want to work on the IRS and front
>suspension and paint the frame. My plan is to roll it off from the side
>because I have no good way of lifting it up in the air. I am only afraid
>that
>I can bend the car because of the doors not there to keep the front and
>back
>stable. The floor is in good condition and the rocker panels have no rust
>what so ever. Any Idea on how much it would weigh?
>Thanks in advance.
>--Mike Quinn
>67 TR4A IRS

    I would recommend using some sort of lift... or several friends.
    I had the latter for taking the body off the former for putting
    it back on.

    If you don't want to put the doors back on, make some sort of a
    brace that will span the gap from upper part of the A pillar to
    the upper part the B pillar on both sides. Angle Iron or 2X4
    should do the trick... You want to avoid tweeking the body where
    it's weakest

    Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)