Re: TR6 Windshield Chrome

To: <VK0216@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Windshield Chrome
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:03:53 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Virgil
The insert strip will shrink back like this if it is pulled tight during
installation, the trick is to push them back ( to compress rather than
stretch) regularly during installation and then when you cut off the excess
leave a tail overlapping the start for about a week to allow time for any
shrinkage to occur, only do this if you don't have to leave your car where
the local smart arse can pull it back out, if there is a risk of that cut it
about 1/8" long and force to fit, this will minimise the shrinkage.
These strips also shrink back after many years of weather exposure, no real
cure for this.
There is a special tool for fitting these strips, it is a wire square, see
askey art!!

<>===

<> is squarer than this and big enough to pass the trim through at about a
30 degree angle, some have a roller on one side to aid sliding.
=== is the handle, and I made mine from a file handle.

These can be bought here in the UK, from Body shops.

Graham.