Re: TR6 Speedo cable

To: "INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedo cable
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:34:55 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com

James -
      EVERY other response I've gotten says the standard cable will
work.  I'm hoping that (as Dave Massey said) the standard cable
will fit as long as I have the angle drive (which I do).
     I looked in catalogs from TRF, Moss, Vicky Brit and Rimmers and
saw no other speedo cables listed. Do you have any part numbers
or references for these 'longer' cables? Thanks.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O) - TR6IUMPH / Highland,NY /
<

Dennis,

I think that James' experience is with the TR3/4 series which did use a
longer cable with the overdrive.  The transmission cover had a notch and
there was a notch in the floorboard so that the cable could be routed at a
right angel to the transmission through the floor and around to the front.
The TR6 design changed it to a right angle drive that allows the cable to
hug the side of the transmission as it passes over the top.

Dave