RE: TR3A steering

To: "'Graham Stretch'" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Subject: RE: TR3A steering
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:00:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Just a short addendum on the tire balance issue-  Be sure to check both the
rims and the tires for trueness.  It won't matter where you put the weights
if the wheels are not damn round.  Years ago I had an old guy in Savannah GA
true my tires ( no kiddin') using an abrasive wheel mounted on a big
electric motor-  right on the car. ( happened to be my 2002)  he then spun
the wheels and using a vibration sensor/strobe light device, and trial and
error to determine what weight was correct.  Granted, shaving the tires
takes some miles off,  but I was ready to throw them in the trash after
unsuccessful balancing efforts... ( Semperits)   End result was absolutely
smooth ride all the way to 100 mph.  he charged me about $30 for all 4
wheels! ( 1979 bucks...)
Bob Westerdale