Re: TR3A steering

To: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A steering
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:30:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, ednelson@ridgenet.net
Thom,

The gearbox is adjustable to a point. Look at your shop manual for the screw on
later boxes and a nut on the earlier ones on the top of the box right next to
the filler nut. There is a locking nut which you have to release to tighten the
screw. Similar to adjusting a valve rocker. This should take some slack out of
the steering. However if there is too much wear, you will have to have a
rebuild. The TRF does a wonderful job for about 600$. You will get a box that
is better than new.
Good luck,
Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A