Re: Help needed with TR3

To: Christopher Ball <cball@oct.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Help needed with TR3
From: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 21:03:51 -0400
Cc: "'Roger Colson'" <sassamon@mediaone.net>, "'TRs Roadster list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
List,

Having replaced the tub on my TR3 before fitting the front-to-rear brake
line, I first tried to fabricate a line by passing it through the frame,
shaping it, and flaring the ends while lying on my back on a cold,
concrete garage floor. The heater was doing a great job of heating the
ceiling as I recall. Although I'd used the flaring tool successfully in
more accessible areas, I was unable to do so in this position and ended
up purchased the TRF brake line which comes with both ends fitted. I
pulled this line through from rear to front and was able to bend it to
fit, even around the jacking hole in the right floorboard; all of this
while working at minimum bifocal distance. Strange how I need to get
things far enough away to be able to see them.

So I know two things:

1. The brake line can be fitted after the body is in place.
2. There's no way the factory did it this way. It had to be in place
before the tub/body was fitted; and that's the way my second restoration
will be done.

Ed Woods