Re: Slow TR6 overdrive

To: paul-m@mweb.co.za
Subject: Re: Slow TR6 overdrive
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:06:27 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I had the same thing happening on mine.  The bearings in the transmission
were disintergrating and blowing the synchros also.  This in-turn, was
mucking up the overdrive bearings etc.  BUT, I also had a grinding second
gear to go with it...

Joe Burlein

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:24:51 +0200 Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
writes:

> List,
>
> My 74 TR6 PI has a bit of an overdrive lag. When I engage the
> overdrive,
> it takes a while to change up - anything up to 30 seconds. Coming
> down
> is more or less instant. Since this is when it is usually important,
> am not too worried at the moment, but I am interested in what the
> list
> thinks I may be in for long term. I guess it is taking a while to
> build
> up the pressure to move - anyone else had this trouble?
>
> Paul

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.