Re: *!#% Rear Studs.

To: keithmcgahan@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: *!#% Rear Studs.
From: rjl6n@cstone.net (R. John Lye)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:55:31 -0800
Keith asked:

>How to I get these things off? I spend all day Sunday try to get the rear
>studs off and got nothing to show for it but a bloody finger. Is there a
>special Tool? Thanks

I assume that you're asking about the rear wheel studs on a TR-4?  If so,
you're in for some fun.  The rear wheel studs are screwed into the hub
from the outside, then peened over (or welded, like the ones that I
found on *my* TR-4 after they failed...).  The only way that I've been
able to get them off is to remove the hub first, then grind off the
peened over part - then they come out just fine.  Of course, I've got
access to a proper Churchill hub tool, which makes removing the hub a
lot easier.

Good luck,

R. John Lye

info@gt-classics.com