Re: Tires for the TR6

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: Tires for the TR6
From: SHOMWAY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:08:42 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/28/00 8:17:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

<<
 Jim Altman writes:

 I have 205/70's and the yokohama'a on the back scrape the wheel wells if I
 put on the front, but the cheapos on the front never scrape.  I have a guy
 who balances tires on the car, and he is convinced 195/75's will be a
 better
 fit.
 <

 Jim,

 I have 205/70's on my TR6 (71) and the only scraping problem I have
 was when I had my tube shock conversions on the back.  Only one side,
 too.  Due most likely to the fact that the car ain't quite straight due to
 collision in an earlier life - BD (before Dave).

 Oops, I lie.  The inside will rub the sway bar when I turn the steering
 hard
 to lock.  Not a real problem.

 Dave

Im also running the 205/70 V-rated Yokos(321s) with the new style tube shock
conversions in the rear. There is plenty of space between the tire and the
shock and i havent had one instance of any tire rub, anywhere. There is a
notable ease in turning at slow speeds with the new tires in comparison to
the old redlines, now i dont feel like im wrestling with the wheel.

Gordon Swart
76 TR6
67 Austin Healey 3000
87 Mustang GT