Big Triumph (2000-2500 saloon/TR2-6) Hub Puller Design: update

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Big Triumph (2000-2500 saloon/TR2-6) Hub Puller Design: update
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:37:27 -0500
Folks,

A while back, I posted a design drawing and usage notes to enable the
manufacture and use of a hub-puller that might take the place of at least
the shadow of the Churchill tool.  After a few months, the inevitable has
happened, and the deliberate mistakes are now being discovered.  In
consequence, I've updated the drawing and notes, and have also processed
them thro' our recently acquired Acrobat 4.0, so anyone who hasn't already
received a set of the new drawings/notes, please let me know, and I'll send
a copy of both files.  If you can handle native acad 14, please make it
clear in your email, if not, don't worry, the (Acrobat) PDF files you will
will receive will work just fine, and allow you to make and use this simple
tool.

I should add (for new readers) this ain't for the faint of heart, since you
need a machine shop to make the tool, and 2000lb+ of dead weight to hold
the axle yoke while you try to "release" the taper (it can be done, and all
is revealed in the notes - and yes, it was a single handed job ... honest!)

Tony Gordon
72 TR6 Midland (digest)