RE:Ever lost a wire wheel? At 65 mph?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Ever lost a wire wheel? At 65 mph?
From: wsachse@ncinter.net (William Sachse)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:14:19 -0400
Well I lost a rear wheel a long time ago.  Back about 1969 or 70 I was
working for the city as a garbologist.  We were moving from one collection
route to another and low and behold the left rear wheel passed me.  I was
only going about thirty when it happened.  The tire nearly ran over some
fellow stumbling out of an afterhours club.  In this case the hub came off
with the wheels.  The nuts were still safe in between the hub and the
wheel.  I did an emergency reinstall and had to have the hub remachined as
the holes were egged out.  That sure scared two people- me and the guy who
almost got ran over.

                                        Bill Sachse
                                        '59Tr3a
                                        '67Tr4a IRS (not the culprit)