RE: Midget & 1500 engine

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midget & 1500 engine
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 20:53:13 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <jack@cocoinc.com>
Jack,

Yes, the engine will drop in.  However, the tranny is much different.  The
shifter is in the tail piece!  A blank off plate goes where our shifter
plate (with hole) is.  However, the gears appear to be the same.  I can send
you scans of the midget 1500 tranny if you want (out of Haynes).  I'd say go
for it.  Spridgets are fun.  Someday I'll get a 1500 midget to go with my
spit.  Not quite as good-looking as our spits, but a fun, cheap LBC non the
less.

Bill