Re: YOUR CARS

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: YOUR CARS
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:44:55 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
1964 Triumph TR4  -  beautiful car my parents gave me when I turned 16.
British Racing Green with leather seats.  I remember it had a Brutton
big-bore exhaust system that my dad was so proud of.  Rolled it racing a
more experienced MGB driver.  Very dumb...

1956 Chevy Suburban   -   cool party rig.  Any old-schoolers remember how
cool Craig PowerPlay 8 tracks were?  Carried lots of people to keggers.  My
stupid brother gave it away when I moved to So. Cal.

1985 Harley Davidson Sportster   -   my main transportation in So. Cal.
Still have title to it but someone else is riding it.

1965 Olds Cutlas Convertible   -   killer car with an electric drop-top.
Had to buy something that our surfboards would fit into.  The City of Long
Beach confiscated the car for unpaid parking tickets.  About a million of
them.  I only had one secure parking space and the Harley occupied it.  Go
figure...

1968 VW Squareback   -   After the city towed the Olds and someone stole the
Harley I had to have transportation.  Got a good deal on it.  Turned out the
person who sold it to me didn't really own it yet.  After paying the balance
owed, it wasn't such a good deal.  It had an automatic so it was perfect for
drinking and driving.  Sold it to a poor college student who probably hates
me to this day for selling him that piece of crud.

1970 Cadillac Sedan Deville   -   remember the gas crunch when people were
shooting each other at gas stations?  Big cars were being given away.  I
should know... I later sold it for $600 in mint condition.

198? VW Convertible   -   married into it.  It and she are history now.

1982 Chevy pickup   -   here and gone
1969 VW Squareback   -   liked the first one, so had to have another.   Got
tired of it later.
198X Toyota Corolla   -   not sure why I bought it and not sure what I did
with it.
1970 Triumph TR6   -   still have it.  Still love it.
1982 VW Jetta   -  married into it.  Got rid of it, kept her.
1968 Chevy pickup   -  also here and gone

1988 Geo Metro   - bought new off the lot without driving it or dickering on
the price.  Didn't even know how many doors it had until I got stopped in it
for speeding ten minutes after I bought it.  It was a four door.  It was an
anger purchase after the Triumph let me down once too often.

1991 Chevy 4WD pickup   -   bought new off the lot without even dickering on
the price.  Long story.

1989 Saab Turbo Convertible   -   Very nice road car.  Rhonda's daily
driver.

1970 MG BGT   -   a quick clean up for resale ended in a complete
restoration after Rhonda fell in love with it.  Now I have too much invested
in it to sell.  Very dumb...

1967 Land Rover 109   -   just had to have another project.  This one wasn't
really a project because it is in excellent shape, but where there is a will
there is a way.  I'm going to swap a Chevy small-block and tranny into it.
This is the project that is driving me now.