Re: YOUR CARS

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: YOUR CARS
From: "Joe Donovan" <jdonovan@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:48:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

1970 Opel Kadett, purchased for $100 with over 100K mileage.   Constantly in
the shop.   Repaired throttle linkage with crazy glue after accelerator went
to the floor and failed to come back up.

1980 Mustang 4-cylinder turbo.   Totalled on an icy patch on my 30th
birthday going no more than 35 mph.

198X Renault LeCar (what can I say?)   Engine seized at 40K miles.   It's
just as well, it was a death trap anyway.

1984 Honda CRX.   Great fun for the money.

1989 Taurus SHO.   Bundle-of-snakes engine best powerplant I will ever own.
Ate tires and clutches.

199X Infiniti J30.   Very elegant car.   Japanese Jaguar.    Less than
stellar performance.   Horrible in snow.

1998 Toyota RAV4.   Great commuter and snow vehicle.   Hauls lots of boat
stuff.  Flawless mechanically.

1999 Infiniti I30T.    Great engine and 5-speed.  Otherwise generic luxury
car.

1973 Triumph TR-6.   More fun to drive than all of the above put together,
even though it would probably best only the Opel and the LeCar on the track.