Re: Drive shaft phasing consensus

To: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Subject: Re: Drive shaft phasing consensus
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:04:29 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

"Evans, Mark" wrote:

> Conclusion:
>
> 1.) Since I can't decide if driveshaft (one word) or drive shaft (two words)
>is
> correct, I'm going to call it a propeller shaft as the original engineers
> intended. I can't imagine that propellershaft would be correct. (we sometimes
> have trouble with English in the deep south ;-) )

Even the south, people don't get upset with us calling it a propeller
shaft in our bus manuals.... <smile>

> 2.) I don't know what I'm going to do about propeller shaft phasing. More
> research will have to be conducted. I will report any new information to the
> list. All explanations I received seemed plausible. Please, any of you that
> haven't responded, please do so. An on-list discussion might be helpful to
>many.

Despite my earlier suggestions, based on what we do with heavy-duty
driveshafts, the  factory manual, page 2-402, states that the yokes
should be in the same plane, with the arrows matching each other.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM