Re (family heirlooms)

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, gcoulter@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re (family heirlooms)
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:20:44 EST
Greetings,
I liked your plans for your Triumphs.  My goal is to have a 63 Mk1 and a 73
1500 Spitfire ready for my son's 16th birthday.  At that time we will either
follow the Lewis and Clark trail from St. Louis to Astoria, Washington or Rt.
66 from Springfield, IL to Santa Monica (yes, thru Joplin).  Can a Spitfire
make it?  I did it in 82.
I don't think my son has quite forgiven me for selling "his" Bugeye in 95
when I traded it in on a Jaguar ("If you buy one more--one has to go"){wife
talk}.  Whenever I ask if he's interested in helping with the restorations he
replies, "you know cars aren't my thing right now."  At 12 his nose is in
games or the computer which is fine.  I'm pretty sure as soon as some young
girl wants to do more than Nintendo he'll be ready to help with the cars.
Bill Brockschmidt
Springfield, IL
2 Spits my wife knows about
5 Spits she doesn't know about
65 S Jag
73 Buick Centurion 455 Convertible (this will be son's car if he's over 6'2")
98 Park Avenue
94 Voyager