Re: Stuck clutch

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck clutch
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:51:03 -0700
"Linkens, Andy" wrote:

> I remember someone posting a clever way of freeing a stuck clutch recently...

Not very clever and perhaps only a last resort -- this is how I freed mine that
had stuck when the car sat in storage for a year:

Jacked up the rear end, put it in a forward gear, revved the engine, depressed
the clutch & had my wife push the car off the jack.  Took a couple of months
for the rain to wash the "patch" off the driveway but have had no problems in
the 2½ years since.

Put a block of wood between the jack and the frame member to help it slide off
cleanly.  Made double-darn sure it was in a forward gear.  Use at your own
risk.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ