TR3 bent accelerator shaft

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 bent accelerator shaft
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:16:50 -0600
I successfully lifted the motor out of my 3 the other day, but
managed to hang it up on the accelerator linkage shaft that crosses
the transmission just aft of the motor.  So now that shaft is bent.

First, how the heck do I remove that thing?

Second, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to
straighten it?

I also, just yesterday, successfully lifted the body off the frame.
Sort of.  It's now sitting on a small wood framework which is resting
on the frame -- I just need a handful of people to help me lift it up
to a more permanent storage area.

It was a little discouraging to look up from underneath the body and
see light shining through all the pinholes in the floors ..... of
course, I knew several weeks ago that I was going to have to replace
those.  The amount of gunk and grime on the frame is also depressing
-- thankfully, one can buy a vast array of chemical cleaners at the
local auto parts stores!

Dan
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too. Runs & drives, but shakes
like crazy; needs new tires and a steering/suspension rebuild.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Needs an O. Undergoing frame-off restoration begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)