Re: ammeter question

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ammeter question
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 14:57:45 -0800
David :

The correct answer is : it depends.  The generator puts out little or no
current at idle, so it's normal for the needle to swing to the - side
(discharge) by a varying amount, depending on how many things are turned
on (more things = more discharge).  At higher engine rpm, the needle
should swing to the + side (charge), depending on how run down the
battery is, and how many things are turned on.  When the battery becomes
fully charged, the needle should stay in the center, until the engine
rpm drops so the generator can no longer keep up with the load.

Randall