RE: pounds, headers, exhaust and thanks

To: "'John A. Simmons'" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pounds, headers, exhaust and thanks
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:45:41 -0000 charset="iso-8859-1"
> Not such a bad price, NOT!  Its the same language BUT after
> checking what
> they mean by manifold is the front pipe, so what they are
> selling for this
> price is the three piece SS exhaust system without the
> headers.

REALLY! I am very surprised, because I have never seen a front pipe
described in this way here in the UK. Front pipe, downpipe maybe, but not
manifold. In the case of many tubular exhaust manifolds, they are built
longer than the cast manifold which they replace, and effectively eliminate
the front pipe from the system - are you sure there is no confusion on this
point?
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1970 Spitfire MkIII
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup