pounds, headers, exhaust and thanks

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: pounds, headers, exhaust and thanks
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:30:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
First, thanks for all the help with the conversion rate.  I email Rimmer
Bros asking for the following:

>Looking for a complete (front to rear) stainless steel headers and free
flow
>sports exhaust for a 1971 TR6 (single pipe system).  Do you have and the
>price? (including shipping to WV, USA).  Thanks

They sent the following reply:

>RR1400 FULL SPORTS SYSTEM £300.00
>INC: MANIFOLD, INTERMIDIATE STRATE THROUGH PIPE AND SINGLE REAR SILENCER
>ALL LARGE BORE.
>DELIVERY £54.00 5 DAYS

I know its the same language, but are they saying the same thing I'm asking
and does everyone think this is a reasonable price?  Tried TRF but they
didn't have it.  Moss and VB had what I wanted if I had a '72 and greater
with the dual pipe system, but no early single pipe system unless I wanted
to go with Monza setup (which I don't).

John, '71TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV