RE: "5" prefix on a TR4a in Canada

To: geohahn@azstarnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "5" prefix on a TR4a in Canada
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:38:49 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Probably tax avoidance/evasion - no better reason I could think of. The
British had a long tradition of schemes like this - witness the 3-wheeler
cars like Morgan & Bond sold, as well as the 'kit' Lotuses (Loti?) for home
assembly by 'amateur' mechanics. Rues were made to be broken (or bent!).
Cheers, JD