TR3 repair to lower control arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 repair to lower control arms
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 12:02:32 -0500
Hello List:
Have been off the list over the holiday period and missed some of the
discussions on TR3 front end rebuilds. In the midst of doing my front end
over and looking at the lower control arms, the bushing end on the frame
end is really elongated or out of round.  When I put the nylon sleeve
through the hole, I can see daylight around the sleeve.  Wondering on how
best to repair this. Thought about building up the inside of the opening
with weld and having it machined to original specs.  Any advice on this?
When I took off the arms, the PO had rubber bushings in the lower arms, to
TR2 specs. This seemed to work and the lower arms did not have any
perceptible play, but the front end did feel kind of mushy.

Many Thanks.
Angelo Graham
1959 TR3A