Re: in search of TR6 s/s exhaust system

To: lalong@vt.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: in search of TR6 s/s exhaust system
From: Creigtrium@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:10:00 EDT
Tom,

I just ordered a stainless steel muffler for my 74 TR6 (twin pipe system)
from Rimmer Brothers in England this morning.  They told me that they had it
in stock and would ship it right away.  I bought that plus the exhaust
manifold to down pipe gasket plus a pair of steering boots - 102 pounds.
They estimated shipping to be about 35 pounds.  They say that they charge
actual shipping cost.  At about $1.60 per pound, that comes to less than $220
total.  They told me I should receive the shipment via UPS by next week.  TRF
quoted me $240 for the muffler alone.  Add S&H and you're probably over $260
for the muffler alone.  So, even though the shipping cost is outrageous from
the UK, sometimes you can do better ordering direct from there.

Rimmer can be found at:
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk
<A HREF="http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/";>Rimmer Brothers - Triumph Car
Spares</A>

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO

PS I am certainly not slamming TRF.  I buy parts from them every chance I get.

In a message dated 8/24/99 7:14:30 PM Central Daylight Time, lalong@vt.edu