Update to email survey

To: "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update to email survey
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 07:19:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Here is the update to the email survey I preformed looking for a main shaft
for an early TR6 tranny with A-type OD.  Using VTR and J.B. Zimmerman's fine
links pages I wrote 11 emails to used parts dealers seeking availability and
price.  I thought it would also make an interesting, although totally
unscientific, survey of internet responsiveness.  I attach no importance to
whether or not they had the part, since it IS a really rare part. More
interesting is the time of response.

All the emails were sent between 2:41 P.M. and 2:50 P.M. on Wednesday July
27, except TS Imports which was at about 3:30.

  Company                                Response
Had part
British Cars Only                       Wednesday 6:59 P.M.             Yes
British Parts NW                        Tuesday (8/3) 10:37 A.M.        No
British Racing Green            None
Motorhead (Website warned       None
        slow email response)
British Miles                   Friday 6:50 P.M.                        No
Obsolete Automotive             Wednesday 2:50 P.M. (9 Minutes!)No
Team Triumph                    None
Triumph Spares                  Wednesday 10:27 P.M.            No
TS Imports                              Thursday 11:44 A.M.             No
VIP Parts (Always-Jaguar)       Thursday 10:06 P.M.             No
Triumphs Only                   Monday (8/2) 1:39 P.M.          Maybe

Incidentally, I have found a NOS shaft and its on the way.  Way cool.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK