Re: State of the List

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: State of the List
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:41:49 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark,

Thanks for the reminder.  Especially the part about how the list could
be dissolved.  The listers need to remember why the list was created and
if it becomes something other than what MJB intended it to be, and
ESPECIALLY if it becomes a hassle, then it could cease to exist.  IMHO
the Triumphs List may be more responsible for the preservation of
Triumphs than anything that's come along since Triumphs ceased being
made (maybe evidenced by Mark receiving the only standing ovation at the
VTR convention banquet).  My guess is that even the Big Three monitor it
(or they should if they're smart) for feedback.  Which can only help all
Triumph owners.  I would hate to see it go.  I've made a lot of good
friends and gotten advice that money couldn't buy.

It pains me to see division on the list (we've always had different
opinions but usually limited it to TRs).  And we could argue until we're
all blue in the face about what adds to the Triumph
experience...technical only....or more personal.....or a mix of
technical/personal.  But I think the advice Mark gives below about
keeping things brief is something to take to heart (and I know that I
drone on with the best of them, so there's no need to send me examples,
I'll try to do better).

As far as Bios go (or VTR reports or anything else that's long winded)
maybe they should fall under Mark's instructions on pictures "Do NOT
think that everybody on the list wants to have some nice big picture
dumped in their mailbox."  If you want to send out pictures, programs,
(MAYBE BIOS SHOULD BE ADDED HERE) or anything more than a few paragraphs
long , send a short note to the list explaining what you have, and how
folks can get it if they wish.  And yes we all know how to work a delete
key, but one person's life story is another person's spam and they
shouldn't be forced to deal with it.

I think that the key is moderation.  I believe in moderation in all
things and think that anyone who doesn't should be shot.

And that's my $0.03 worth.
Bud Rolofson