Re: New purchase

To: aoleary@bw.edu
Subject: Re: New purchase
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 06:19:30 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/10/99 9:03:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aoleary@bw.edu
writes:

<< Hello--I have just acquired a 1963 TR3-B with various pieces parts and an
 extra engine and transmission.The serial # is TCF 2449 L. How can I tell
 if the transmission has overdrive? I will be lurking to learn about this
 car. Does anyone have a good used top for sale? Thanks. John O'Leary

Hi John
The 1st clue is a switch on the dash just outboard of the fan switch that
says "overdrive" on it. Should be a oval shape with a big toggle switch. If
it's there you may wish to further investigate by looking under the right
side of the car. If the speedo cable is coming down out of the right side of
the tranny, then an OD is almost surely present.
Of course the real test is to drive the car and flick on the OD, your RPM
should drop about 20%.
Having said all that I can tell from the commission # that your car didn't
originally have OD. If it did there would be an O at the end (ie tcf2449LO).
BTW Interesting comm # - seems you have one of the last TR3B's ever made. I
have one in the 1st 100 ever made - TSF73L.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4