Re: my wipers won't stop - help

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my wipers won't stop - help
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:03:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/99 10:05:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca writes:

>  The wipers on my 71 GT-6 are getting difficult to stop.  After switching
off
> the wipers, they continue to run for several additional cycles.  Last year
this
> was one or two cycles.  THis year the wipers continue on for upwards of a
dozen
>  cycles.   Do I have a switch problem or is the problem at the wiper motor?

> Once they stop, the wipers park properly.  Often I will turn the wipers on
and
> off again in an effort to get them to shut off quicker.  Sometimes this
works,
> other times not.

Aribert,

Sounds like the parking switch in the wiper motor is getting stuck in the old
grease in the mechanism. You probably need to clean it real good. If the
switch is broken, it is easy to replace, either with a new one or a used one
from a scrap yard - not necessarily from a Triumph, as most Lucas motors are
the same.

For more info, check out:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wiper-motor/

Dan Masters,