Quote from Richard Newton

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Quote from Richard Newton
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:45:52 -0400
G'day, Listers. Yesterday evening I happened to be glancing at my copy of
Richard Newton's Illustrated Triumph Buyer's Guide, first Edition, regarding
the TR6. On page 94, I find the sentence: "You just can't ignore a TR6.
It'll leak oil in your drive. The electrics will have their off-days
(especially if you own a late '76, which finally received the fuel injection
its European cousins had had for a decade)."

Is there something he knows that I don't? Just WHERE are these factory 1976
TR6s with PI? Certainly not in Canada. Mine is a May 3/76 vintage, according
to my BMIHT certificate. Peter Z - how about your car? There's not many
later than yours? Did Richard Newton correct this sentence in his second
edition?

Cheers,
J(puzzled)D