left hand to right hand steering....

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: left hand to right hand steering....
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 16:00:14 -0400
Gentlemen, and Ladies,
Back in the dark ages I owned two Bug Eyes.
One I attempted to convert to right hand drive.
EVERYTHING, as I recall, just swapped over to the other side.  Course
when I drove it the steering wheel turned opposite of the wheels.  sigh.

Anyway, I'm considering doing the same for the Spitfire.  Will I have to
purchase a different pinion?  Turn it over? Turn it left?
Questions, questions.  All the time questions.
Also, the little aluminum (I think) piece that caps off the trim valance
(rear quarter trim in the Moss 1500 list) around the back, behind the
seats, VERY thin metal.  It's held in place by a small screw on the
INSIDE of the car and, apparently, by a snap for the top (hood) on the
outside of the car.  The snap does not unscrew.  What is holding this
piece on on the outside?
Sorry for the poor description but don't know what it's called.

as always,  TIA.

Jim and Judy

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
1966 Spitfire MkII FC68436L   (Red, what else?)