NOS Lucas ID?

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NOS Lucas ID?
From: "The Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:21:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Greetings,
I am the recipient of some NOS Lucas pieces, mostly in their boxes, but with
Lucas p/ns only. Does anyone know of a cross reference that can tell me the
application for a given p/n?
eg: "Genuine Lucas Contact Set 420197 (or 420196)", or "Lucas Genuine
Ignition Coil AQ6/6v 45034" or for that matter, a set of 4 brushes (starter
I guess) with only a number stamped on each brush, such as 642 or 628.
TIA,
Jim Wallace
P.S. A fair bit of random stuff for Detroit iron: main bearings, fuel pump +
brake m/c rebuild kits, stuff like that. If any of you guys can help with
that stuff it'd be great. Distributor cap for a  28 Durant, anyone?