Re: Brake problem

To: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: Brake problem
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:01:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Patrick Bitton wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>     I finished the rear brakes and can't get the drums back into place. It
> seems like thy just don't fit. Is there a special way to put the drums back
> into place?

I just had the same problem.  Finally had to grind off a little of the
brake shoe material on the corners/ends to get the drums to fit.  I had
backed off the adjuster all the way but to no avail, and had tried every
other thing I could think of.

If you are judicious in your grinding you don't lose much material or much
braking function.

Robert Carley
73 TR6