TR4 rear end clunk

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 rear end clunk
From: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 21:41:40 -0500
Scions,
Recently my 64TR4 has developed an intermitent clunking sound in the left
rear. At first I though the spare was lose and sliding around on turns.
Then I thought the tool roll came lose.  Took both out and drove the car
and the sound is still there.
I first noticed the sound when I drove my 4th grader and her friend up town
for some ice cream at the local BR.  Of course they had to sit on the back
shelf to look cool in a cool car.  Question is...could the weight of two
petite girls cause some thing to happen/break on the rear suspension. I
have allocated the little spare time I have this summer to working on my
76TR6 to get ready for Six-pack nationals, so I haven't gotten under the
TR4 yet to look around.  Thought I'd try the list first to see if anyone
has "been there, done that, bought the tee shirt".

TIA

Tom Long
Blacksburg, VA

64TR4