Dead TR6...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dead TR6...
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:35:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
It died this moring, at the Mobile Station...

Put in $5 of Super, restarted the car... went to engage gear and I had a
massive clunking noise, the car moved about 5 feet from the initial
engagement.

The car now won't drive, in any of the four gears.  I ripped out the
wonderful cardboard gearbox cover, drive shaft is still attached (at both
ends); the differential doesn't appear to be hanging down.  Engine starts
fine.

It makes absolutly no noises now, besides regular engine noise.  But even
when shifting thru the gears it makes no noises.

Is it possible to break your gearbox mainshaft?  Any other ideas?

Looks like TRF is now shot, unless I can fix this by Saturday.  I have
really bad luck...

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Not the only Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College