tonneau & wheel arch deflector questions

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: tonneau & wheel arch deflector questions
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:35:15 -0500
Two questions for the list:

1) Do the plastic wheel arch deflectors in the VB catalog work?  I
   am especially interested in preventing water and dirt from being
   thrown back into the rear fenders of a TR6.

2) I just acquired a Spitfire parts car.  It came with a tonneau in
   generally good shape except for a hole (eaten by a rodent I think)
   right over the passenger seat.  I am thinking of seeing if an
   upholsterer can do a patch job.  Any experience out there with such
   a repair?  If that can be done, I would like to get a piece of vinyl
   for the patch which has a triumph logo on it.  I have seen many things
   in the catalogs with logos, but nothing vinyl.  Has anyone seen
   anything like this?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Tim Gaines
1980 Spitfire