RE: TR6 Clutch

To: "'gspens'" <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Clutch
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:05:41 -0700
For limited production cars like our LBCs, it makes the engineering _much_
simpler.  All of the problems with linkage routing (especially for RHD
cars), vibration/noise conducted through the linkage, mechanical advantage,
limited space, custom made parts, etc. just disappear when you switch to a
hydraulic system.  (Note that the hydraulic parts were "off the shelf".)

Of course, it's also more complex, and more expensive to manufacture and
repair.  But, IMO, almost as reliable for a car that is driven frequently.

Randall