Camber setting of front wheels, TR3

To: "List, Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camber setting of front wheels, TR3
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:38:53 -0400
Friends:

Got a new set of tires for Midnight last spring,
and I have very rapid wear on the outside of the
right front.  Have the car on stands to do the
muffler and began to look at that wheel.  Using a
bubble level from top to bottom, the angle is well
off vertical by a full bubble.  The top of the
tire is nearly 1/4" farther to the outside than
the bottom of the tire.  Likewise, using the same
level on the disk the vertical is way off.

I checked the other side, and it is nearly
vertical with the bubble just off center.  This
means that the tire is just inclined to the
outside by a small fraction of an inch.  I believe
that this is the normal condition.

I know that all of this is without accurate or the
proper instruments, but it clearly points out why
the tire is wearing so rapidly on the outer side.
I think that I know what the problem is, but how
is it solved?  I can't find a way to adjust the
camber (is that the right term, or is it castor?).

Perplexed in Pittsburgh
Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3, TS14151L