Re: Tubs 4/4A

To: Ct54531@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tubs 4/4A
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:14:11 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 25-Jul-99 15:15:59 Eastern Daylight Time, Ct54531@aol.com
writes:

> Are the body tubs identical on the 4 and the 4A. I ask because of the
>  difference in frames. Are the mounting points in the same places?
>  TIA.

Body tubs are very, very similar.  I would say they are identical except for
the upper valence (where the headlights go).  They are interchangeable.
I.E. outer fenders, bonnet trunk etc. will bolt right up.

As for the mounting points --  from a look at the Bentley's (reprint of the
Factory manual) 2nd edition, it appears that there may be some fiddling
necessary here.  The drawing showing the dimensions seems to indicate a
slight shift in the mounting points on the chassis.  (See also Keith
Stewart's e-mail).

Let's see what the list says about the mounting points.  I would need to sit
down and do a detailed comparison of the drawings, maybe someone else has
already done that.  Cheers.

Art Kelly