Car Cover Cleaning

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Cover Cleaning
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 20:48:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Last week someone posted an email requesting info on washing their Technalon
car cover. While looking for something else tonight,  I found the directions
for the Covercraft Technalon/Evolution 3 covers. And I Quote:

It may be washed using the LARGE washers WITHOUT AGITATORS found in most
commercial laundromats. Machines WITH agitators can actually rip or tear the
covers. Use 2 cups of liquid Fantastic All Purpose Cleaner ONLY (not soap or
detergent). Wash using the "Normal or Permanent Press" cycle in cold or warm
water. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER. Run the cover through 2 rinse cycles - it
is most important that all cleaner be removed to preserve the cover's water
resistance. Air dry the cover - DO NOT put the cover in an automatic dryer -
the fabric can melt.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - current status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD