Re: Soldered connections

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soldered connections
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:13:20 -0700 "RE: Soldered connections" (Jul 20, 10:50am)

Dan,

Thanks for the pointers on soldering. One question I have is what is
the best thing to use to clean the old wires before trying to
(re)solder bullet connectors? I've found that there is usually a
pretty heavy coating of oxidation on the copper wires and it's real
hard to get the solder to tin the wire. I've gone as far as trying
to scrape/sand the wires a little but this doesn't seem to work.
Is there something I can dip the end of the wire into to clean them
that won't cause problems later on?

Thanks again,
Drew