RE: TR6 Brakes - Another question

To: "'The Romagni's'" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Brakes - Another question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:30:55 -0700
Marty :

AFAIK, the slick surface on the rotors should not be a problem, but it
might indicate glazed pads.   Glazed pads can definitely cause braking
problems, including hard pedal, pulling, and premature rear lockup.  Since
you are replacing pads anyway, knocking down the glaze on the rotors should
be enough.

Personally, I almost never have rotors turned (that's _awfully expensive_
metal you are throwing away), but I usually break the glaze with some emery
cloth.

Randall