Eastern European Collector Cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Eastern European Collector Cars
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 06:57:58 -0400
Hello TR folks,

O.K., since someone else brought this up I feel like I can make this request.

I am looking for a Trabant to buy at a reasonable price here in the US
(preferably East Coast). If we can't find one here we might consider
getting one over in the UK or Eastern Europe. Actually transportation from
the UK is about the same $ as transportation from the West Coast, just have
to contend with customs bureaucracy.

We have a young lady living and working with us here in NC who had to leave
her beloved Trabbie back in Slovakia. We'd like to get her one to play with
here. Need not be running, I will probably do an engine swap anyway.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC

'54 MGTF
'59 TR3