Eastern European Collector Cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Eastern European Collector Cars
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:56:14 -0500
I have a 1964 Trabant P600.  Likely the only one in North America.  Uses
13" tires though ;-( and the original East German ones are getting thin.

BTW, Trabbies are a lot better in some respects than their reputation,
but overall it's a pretty crappy car.  Still, if you keep it in the late
50's/early 60's comparison (instead of 20 years later when they were
still building the same car), it doesn't compare _that_ badly with the
mini-car competition.

If anyone wants more info, let me know. (PS I'm always looking for parts
and literature... would especially like an English-language workshop
manual!)

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI
'60 Berkeley T60