VTR or TR Register

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR or TR Register
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:54:44 -0400
Cc: Jean Rouleaux <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be> charset=ISO-8859-1
J.H. Roulleaux writes:

>Hi everybody ,
>Who is going, not to the VTR Convention,but to the TR Register
>International Weekend taking place this year at Malvern in
>Worcestershire in U.K. on 31st july to 1st aug.
>Over 2000 TR members are expected, most of them with their car
>and this year will be the celebration of 30 years TR6.The event is
>also hosting the world's biggest and best TR trade show with
>almost every spare parts trader from U.K. present.
>Most members will camp on the showground and you can imagine
>the atmosphere of such a campsite with hunderds of TR's parked
>between the tents.This is not" Best Western or Ramadan" but it's
>pure fun, it' s by the way the one and only time a year I put up a
>tent and it's worth it. I will be travelling with a 40 car strong dutch
>group, crossing the chanel from Rotterdam to Harwich on board of
>the fastest car-ferry in service the Stena Discovery a 400 ft
>Catamaran with a speed of 40kts.
>It goes without saying that TR fans from most european countries
>will attend and I hope to meet some TR nuts from this list.
>Sorry my American friends to miss the show, but on the other hand
>the VTR Convention as far as I saw from reports must also be a
>great happening,hope to visit it some day in the future.
>To the TR fans from this side of the pool I say"  SEE YOU IN
>MALVERN".
>Jean R from Belgium
>70 TR6 PI

Jean,

Although it is a long drive from St. Louis to Portland it is an even longer

drive to Worcestershire.  And the top on the TR6 is not THAT waterproof!

Seriously, is it coincidence that the two events fall on the same weekend?
Maybe we should set up a live internet link between the two events and
we could watch and interact with our brethern across the sea.  We could
go on our early morning breakfast run at the same time you lot break for
lunch and some bitter!

The next step would be to have several satelite VTR's around the US so that

the west coast and east coast folks could participate without the 6,000
mile
drive.  And ultimately every individual could log onto a live internet link
from
his/her home and thus save driving anywhere!

Just kidding.

Dave Massey in St. Louis